Paying for College



Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) -

Students and parents need to apply for a PIN number in order to fill out the FAFSA form. Fafsa can be filed starting on January 1st and should be done as soon as possible to assure the most consideration possible. The PIN numbers can be and should be applied for prior to January 1 and can be done as early as the beginning of the school year. This Pin number will be the same for each student for the duration of their college career therefore should be kept in a safe place. Be SURE to use the correct address listed above as there are many other sites that are not legitimate. A Federal Student Aid site with great explanations of the different types of aid available for students.


Rhode Island Higher Education Assistance Authority - RIHEAA site offers much insight into the financial aid process, student loans and other grants that may be available to students. RIHEAA also releases a Financial Aid Handbook each year that is very informative and helpful for parents and students. This handbook is given out at the DECEMBER Financial Aid Night that we hold here at Narragansett High School.


CSS Profile -

The CSS Profile is a form that parents and students fill out through which they can apply online for nonfederal financial aid and grants from almost 400 colleges and scholarship programs. Please see the link below to view the colleges and universities that require the CSS Profile.